Sunday, January 08, 2006

Random Musings as My Life is Wasted Away at a Job I Loathe

Is that title too flowery? I wonder....

Have you ever seen the original King Kong? It's pretty good, but there is one scene that has always given me....the creeps motherfucker!!! (My little shout out to Mike Ness there.)

Okay, so Kong has just defeated the creature that looks like a giant snake, but actually has these little feet. He is climbing out of the valley, Fay Wray of course in hand, and comes out onto a bluff which overlooks all of Skull Island.

Now this is the scene where we really get a sense of Kong's enchantment with Ann Darrow (as played by Fay Wray, of course). He has her unconscious body in his paw and he begins...well, with all due respect, he begins to take her clothes off. Creepy right?

Well that is not all sports fans. He also begins nudging at her boobies with a couple of his fingers. Creepier still, and yet it does not end there.

He smells his fingers after poking at her boobies!! Kong! You're a damn, dirty ape!

Okay, children, with my little tangential aside now taken care we can get down to the nuts and bolts of today's posting....more tangential asides!

I work at a hotel. I hate how guests use the word "continental" when they're really asking if breakfast is "complimentary." Quick lesson friends: Continental generally refers to a spread of uncooked breakfast items. This would include your fruits, cold cereal and pastries. Now "complimentary"....well that means free. Continental breakfasts are generally complimentary. Complimentary breakfasts can be continental. Those facts do not mean Webster and his gang are changing any definitions any time soon.

I received an e-mail the other day alerting me to the fact several artists have already signed on for the Beale Street Music Festival. Perhaps better known as "Memphis in May", this is a concert festival I have attended the last few years and have, generally speaking had a good time at. Therefore, I ask for e-mail updates any time there's news. There's your backstory.

Now, imagine my surprise when I saw one of the artists was John Lee Hooker. The surprise, of course, not being one of those pleasant surprises in the "I'm excited he'll be playing there" kind of way. No, this surprise stems from my having been under the impression John Lee Hooker had been dead going on five years.

Turns out I was right. John Lee...regrettably pushing up daisies. Memphis in May, also right...welcoming his son, John Lee Hooker, Junior to the stage.

The lovely Brook pointed this next one out to me. On the road from Columbia to Jeff City there is a cemetery...with a dead end sign posted at the beginning of its driveway. Yeah...thanks for driving that point home cemetery owner.

Oooh...I just remembered. I have yet to share my January 2nd update with you. It may already be too late for a full blogging, but this must be shared. I saw a vending machine which dispenses live bait! Live bait from a vending machine! I took a picture. E-mail if you'd like a copy.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will be in St. Louis on February 25th. They're playing Mississippi Nights, where I haven't been in several years. Pretty excited.

Hey, have any of you seen the film 9 Songs? I swapped some old DVD's at Slackers and grabbed it, without having previously seen it, as I had heard the concert footage of bands like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, the Dandy Warhols, Franz Ferdinand and the Super Furry Animals is really good.

Now the concert footage was quite good, but I must forewarn any who may contemplate seeing this film. It's a story of a relationship and the story moves forward as the young man and woman go to these various concerts. Now when they're not at concerts...they are, uh, enjoying one another's company you might say.

I had heard the sex was a little explicit in this film. Wasn't expecting penetration and money shots. Yup...not expecting those things. But guess what....I saw them. They're in the movie.

So, decent story, real good concert footage, penetration and a money shot. All for $16.99 retail.

Still hatin' on Wal-Mart...bunch of racists.

Saw my first basketball game at Mizzou's new arena last night. They won. Thanks for the ticket JoNathan.

OK....that wasted about 13 minutes. Only hours to go. I need a new job.

The guy from Beverly Hills called me today. Haven't listened to the message yet. When I know something. You all will know something.

Courage

JeffRey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home