Thursday, April 19, 2007

They Say It's My Birthday!

Yes friends, today your humble author turns 30 years of age.

30!

Now I was going to make some snarky comment about tragic occurrences taking place on or around my birthday and apply some retroactive Today's Motherfucker to Messrs Koresh, McVeigh, Harris and Klebold....but then it happened again this year, making any jokes feel not right.

My heart goes out, of course, to all those in Blacksburg, Virginia and around the world who were personally affected by the events at Virginia Tech University on Monday last.

No good way to segue out of that so I'm not even going to try.

Today is my 30th birthday though and I feel it worth a mention. I had operated under the rather dreary notion that I was the first among my good friends to hit this age before being reminded my good pal Randolph is already 31. I forget he's older as he looks a lot better than I do....Bastard.

I'm not generally big on birthday parties, but the Lovely Brook insisted and put the wheels into motion so it looks like I'm having one after all. For any who read this and find yourself in Columbia the night of April 20th, you should make your way to the sideroom in the Olde Heidelberg and help celebrate the courage necessary to live in these "United" States for that length of time.

Til next time kids....stay young at heart.

JeffRey

3 Comments:

Blogger J.W. Bertz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:53 AM  
Blogger J.W. Bertz said...

JeffRey,

As I just did on Facebook, I again wish you a happy birthday.

Indeed our birthdays are close together, even though events on and around my birthday (Cinco de Mayo celebrations, the Kentucky Derby, and final exams, if you have an easy enough semester) are much more pleasant than the ones that are on and around yours.

Drinks will be had on Friday at the Ye Olde Heidelberge. It is at that time that I will share with you the secret to winning tickets, CDs, and sex workers on the radio.

JoNathan

P.S. The first comment was deleted due to poor grammar. Situation corrected.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JeffRey,

Happy Birthday!!!

Being unable to attend the birthday festivities I had wanted to make something for the occasion of your 30th birthday to send with Bertz...I couldn't decide between the homemade donation jar with a handful of change for the "JeffRey Trotter 30th year in the United States Ink Fund." or the cooley cup holder decorated with a Sharpie declaring you as the President of "The Drink Tank: A Center for Progressive Thought and Affordable Libations for All." Fortunately for you, by the time I thought of these ideas, I really didn't have time to implement any of them in that the only things I actually possessed were the hand full of change and the Sharpie...
so you'll have to settle for my wishing that you have a good 30th year!

Margaret

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home